Welcome to OPA
The Ontario Psychiatric Association is the provincial voice of Ontario's Psychiatrists. The OPA serves to:
- Facilitate the exchange of scientific information
- Promote the optimal level of professional development and practice
- Advocate for the mentally ill and their families
- Represent members to governments, universities, and other medical associations
- Promote the prevention of mental disorders in the province of Ontario
News & Updates
OPA 2017 TA Sweet Award – Mental Health Advocate of the Year
The OPA Council is pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 OPA TA Sweet Award – Mental Health Advocate of the Year – Michael Landsberg. Michael speaks publicly about his personal battle with depression & considers his ability to help reduce the stigma of mental illness as his most important professional calling. Read more about Michael & the tremendous job he does as a mental health advocate.
Call for nominations for OPA Psychiatrist of the Year Award
OPA is accepting nominations for the OPA Psychiatrist of the Year Award. The OPA Psychiatrist of the Year recognizes contribution to the profession of psychiatry & to the public. Read more about the award criteria & nomination process. Deadline for nominations – February 28, 2017.