OPA "We're Listening" Event
On the evening of January 26, 2022, OPA members, supporters, and guests joined us in conversation for the annual Bell Let's Talk Day promoting awareness around mental health issues.
We would like to thank our speakers and sponsors for making this important event possible.
To view the event, click on the link below.
Table of Contents
0:00-3:28 - Introductory Remarks (Opening Remarks, Land Acknowledgment)
3:29-10:57- Indigenous Mental Health Presentation
10:58-48:34 - Keynote Address & Interview
48:35-1:03:54 - Resilience Exploration
1:03:55-1:23:24 - Cross-Border Collaborations for Suicide Prevention
1:23:25-1:26:50 - Closing Remarks
Hosted by: Dr. Renata M. Villela, OPA President
- Introduction - Opening Remarks, Land Acknowledgment
- Indigenous Mental Health Presentation
- Keynote Address
- Resilience Exploration
- Cross-Border Collaborations for Suicide Prevention
- Concluding Remarks
- Dr. Chika Stacy Oriuwa will highlight her advocacy journey in helping to address some of the unique mental health needs of racialized populations.
Additional Special Guests
- Dr. Renée Vachon will discuss Indigenous mental health issues.
- Dr. Yusra Ahmad will explore resilience/grounding in the return to rootedness during times of turmoil.
- Eric Windeler from Jack.org and Alex Aide from the Born This Way Foundation will discuss their joint, cross-border work on suicide prevention through the Be There program.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!