Members-in-Training (MIT) Section
- Medical students, psychiatry residents and fellows training in the province of Ontario are considered Members in Training (MIT).
- MIT collectively form the MIT Section, which is overseen by the MIT Section Executive.
- As part of your free annual membership, MIT are eligible for a wide range of benefits!
- Below is just a snapshot of some of the benefits, privileges and special opportunities available only to members of the Ontario Psychiatric Association (OPA).
“Being a member of the OPA has been a rewarding and enriching experience. There is an abundance of leadership, advocacy, educational and networking opportunities that have personally enriched my time in Psychiatry Residency. My membership in the OPA has played a vital role in shaping who I am and who I will become as a psychiatrist.”
Dr. Anees Bahji
Clinical Resources and Information
- Dialogue, OPA’s recurring electronic newsletter
- Access to OPA’s position papers, reports, and statements
- Access to OPA’s job bank
Expand Your Professional Network
- Meet and network with your peers and senior leaders at the OPA Annual Conference and other conferences throughout the year
- Eligible to sit as a member of the OPA Council as a Member-In-Training
- OPA Annual Conference includes a Resident Stream, with such topics as:
- Billing and Finances
- Transition to Practice
Special Rates on OPA Products & Services
- FREE membership for the duration of your residency AND reduced rates into your first three years of practice (as an Early Career Psychiatrist)
- FREE early bird registration fees to the OPA Annual Conference