Bellwood Health Services
Psychiatrist [PT position (2-3 days)]
Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 30-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect.
Reports to: Medical Director
Job Function and Duties:
- Duties include clinical evaluation and treatment in residential settings, particularly with clients presenting with mood and anxiety, PTSD, personality disorders and substance use disorders.
- Teaching and supervision of medical students and psychiatry residents.
- Participating in team rounds, case conferences to develop treatment plan for clients
- Reviewing case files and assessing suitability for program intake
- Applicants must hold an MD and be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
- Previous work in residential / inpatient setting considered an assets
- Eligible for academic appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor at the University of Toronto considered an asset.
- 3+ years experience preferred
- Role models excellence in patient care and serves as a mentor for the team
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
- Clinical and leadership skills, which develops and empowers members of the health care team in autonomous decision-making to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.